Camping is an enjoyable lifetime experience. There are certain requirements that have to be fulfilled to make it more exciting. One of the most important is the sleeping pad or the mat. You can find in the market bewildering options of mattresses. Sometimes it becomes difficult for you to choose from the array of mattresses available. You can use them in ski touring as well as trekking in the deserts. You have to spend a lot of time to research on the various options. The best camping mattress are bought for different situations and you must know their pros and cons. They are also found in different sizes like the smallest, lightest and the best.
Why Buy Camping Mattress?
- The most crucial reason to buy the best camping mattress is comfort. It is a subjective measure and the easiest way to select the most comfortable mat additional info. The main thing that should be looked for is the thickness like in centimeters or in inches.
- There is a certain amount of warmth in the mats and the standard is fixed by the industry as R-value. The higher the value, the warmer the mat is. The usual standard maintained is 8.0 for warmest mats and the thin mats are around 1.0. Normally the range is between 3 and 4.
- The warmth of the mats is also measured in its T-value that means the thermal rating. In this, the amount of insulation one gets for every ounce carried is seen. Higher the ratio better is the insulation.
Types of Mattress
- Foam mattress is the roll mats that are large and have rectangular pieces of closed-cell foam. You can unfurl these mats to sleep and then roll it up to carry. They are the most tough, cheap and reliable bits of camping.
- The another type of best camping mattress and an alternative to foam mats are self-inflating air mattresses. The outer layer of these mats is very tough and made of nylon whereas the inner layer is made of open cell foam. You can inflate it with a couple of breaths of air and this is known as self-inflate. The benefits of these mats are that its size is small, gives good warmth and has low weight.
- The inflatable mattresses are much thicker and comfortable as compared to others. One can sleep on it no matter how lumpy and grumpy the ground is.
Importance of Sleeping Mattress
It is very essential to get a good night’s sleep after the performance of outdoor activities. Therefore, it is vital to choose the right sleeping kit that is inclusive of a sleeping bag, an inflatable mattress and a foam mat. It is an important equipment for outdoor trips and will help you to meet any condition that you may expect to face. When you go camping and do not have to move anywhere, then camp cot is very useful. The expeditious camping requires an inflatable mat. You can also carry foam mats that will not puncture and modern mattresses that can be folded into a small size.
Benefits of Camping Mattress
A camper knows how beneficial it is to carry a mattress. It is cozy and does not take much of space. You can just huddle it back on your car that cannot be even noticed. The inflatable mattress is special as it has a separate pump that can be pumped on a camp itself. There is a queen-sized mattress that is bigger and cozier. Whichever type of mattress you choose, make sure that it is proper for your needs.